We will now be accepting reservations for the remainder of the Summer 2020 Season.
We are pleased to announce the re-opening of the Kees and Claire Hut as of Aug 7, 2020. New policies and booking procedures are now in place following provincial health guidelines, in order to provide a greater level of safety for visitors and staff. Please read the following carefully, prior to making a booking.
Hut Capacity: The hut will accommodate a single group of up to 16 people.
Booking Window and Booking Dates: The booking window is from August 7 until Oct 31, 2020. The group booking is for a single period of three nights: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. The hut will be cleaned by staff between each booking.
Hut Fees: The fee for a group booking is $2400. This is a flat fee for the 3-day period and up to 16 people, regardless of the number of people and the number of nights stayed.
How To Make a Booking: The leader of the group must make the booking and provide names and phone numbers for everyone in the group. Contact the booking agents at email@example.com
Refunds and Changes: Refunds will be given for bookings that are cancelled 30 days or more prior to the booking. The dates of a booking can be changed, subject to availability, 30 days or more prior to the booking. No refunds will be given or changes made less than 30 days prior to the booking. Regardless of dates, refunds will be given if bookings are cancelled by the Spearhead Huts Society.
Health and Safety Declaration: Before the booking, the group leader must declare the following on behalf of all persons in the group:
– No person in the group is experiencing any illness or COVID-like symptoms, such as a fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
– No person in the group has travelled outside Canada within the 14 days prior to the booking.
– No person in the group has been ordered to self-isolate by provincial health authorities.
– All persons will respect physical distancing of 2 meters to the best of their ability when using the hut corridors, stairs, toilets and other facilities.
– All persons will respect the occupancy limits and closures of spaces within the hut, as posted in the hut.
– All persons will bring and wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible. For example: during a medical emergency or evacuation.
– All persons authorize the Spearhead Huts Society to release their name and phone number to provincial health authorities, in case contact tracing is required.
Sickness While at the Hut: If any visitor feels ill or develops COVID-like symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) while at the hut, the booking agent must be informed immediately at 1-800-944-1495. The ill person must vacate the hut and hike out with a companion. If it is too late in the day to do so safely or if the ill person is incapable, then instructions will be given to temporarily self-isolate in the hut.
Sickness Within Two Weeks of a Hut Booking: If a visitor experiences illness within a 2-week period after a hut booking, they must contact the booking agent at 1-800-944-1495, so contact tracing can be initiated.
Requirements: Visitors must:
Carry their booking confirmation with them to show to custodians at the hut and BC Parks rangers on the trail.
Bring their own wash cloths and tea towels for use in the kitchen.
Clean and sanitize high touch surfaces regularly throughout their stay. Cleaning supplies are provided.
Remove all personal items, all food, and all garbage when leaving the hut.